O*NET® Interest Profiler™
The O*NET Interest Profiler (IP) is a family of self-assessment career exploration tools that can help clients discover the type of work activities and occupations that they would like and find exciting. Clients identify and learn about broad interest areas most relevant to themselves. They can use their interest results to explore the world of work.
The O*NET Interest Profiler measures six types of occupational interests:
|Features||O*NET IP Short Form
|Web-based version||English, Spanish||No|
|Designed for mobile applications||No||Yes|
|Develop customized versions||Yes||Yes|
- Compatible with Holland's R-I-A-S-E-C Interest Structure (Holland, 1985)
- rich and extensive research history
- widely accepted and used by counselors
- easy to use and well received by clients
- Interest items represent a broad variety of occupations and complexity levels
- Extensive and thorough development effort
- client input during all stages
- construct validity and reliability evidence
- Can be self-administered and self-interpreted
- Can be used on a stand-alone basis or with other O*NET Career Exploration Tools or with privately developed instruments
- Results can be directly linked to over 950 occupations in O*NET OnLine, My Next Move, My Next Move for Veterans, and Mi Próximo Paso
- Completion time approximately 10-30 minutes, depending on format
The O*NET Interest Profiler may be redistributed or used to develop other assessments under a choice of licenses. See the Career Exploration Tools License page for more information.
For information on previously available formats of the O*NET Interest Profiler, see: Reports and Documents — Career Exploration Tools — Interests.