Crosswalks connect occupations in the O*NET database to other classification systems. Use these files to relate external data to O*NET-SOC occupations, or to link O*NET data to occupations in another classification
O*NET Military Transition Search
The military search within O*NET OnLine and My Next Move for Veterans combines several sources of military occupation linkages. For details, see the Military Transition Search report.
The search is based on data from the MOC crosswalk by the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) , and supplemented with data from:
- An enhanced analysis for key military occupations, which was commissioned by the U.S. Department of Labor working in collaboration with the Department of Defense, per the specifications of Section 222 of the VOW to Hire Heroes Act
- A research report on Army KSAs by the RAND Corporation, which identified a broad range of civilian occupations based on the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) needed by Army soldiers to perform ten of the largest Army military occupational specialties (MOSs).
- Army COOL , Navy COOL , Marine Corps COOL , and Air Force COOL projects
- Careers in the Military , a companion website to the ASVAB Career Exploration Program .
Download crosswalk data:
- Military Occupational Classification (MOC) (MS Access, XLSX, CSV)
- Enhanced analysis data (XLS)
- Army KSA crosswalk data (XLSX)
- Supplemental data from COOL sites (XLSX)
- Supplemental data from Careers in the Military (XLSX)
Education (CIP), DOT, Apprenticeship (RAPIDS)
The crosswalk files below include: Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP), Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT), and Registered Apprenticeship Partners Information Data System (RAPIDS).
- Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) (XLSX)
- Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT) (XLSX)
- Registered Apprenticeship Partners Information Data System (RAPIDS) (XLSX)