O*NET® Work Importance Locator™
The O*NET Work Importance Locator (WIL) is a self-assessment career exploration tool that allows customers to pinpoint what is important to them in a job. It helps people identify occupations that they may find satisfying based on the similarity between their work values (such as achievement, autonomy, and conditions of work) and the characteristics of the occupations.
The O*NET Work Importance Locator measures six types of work values:
- Work Importance Locator — paper & pencil, card-based tool
- Based on over 30 years of research by leading vocational psychologists
- Extensive and thorough development effort
- stakeholder input during all stages
- construct validity and reliability evidence
- Extensively pilot tested
- Can be self-administered and self-interpreted
- User Guide provided for workforce development professionals
- Can be used on a stand-alone basis or with other O*NET Career Exploration Tools or with privately developed instruments
- Results link directly to over 950 occupations in O*NET OnLine, My Next Move, My Next Move for Veterans, and Mi Próximo Paso
- Approximately 30 minute completion time
The O*NET Work Importance Locator may be redistributed or used within other assessments under a choice of licenses. See the Career Exploration Tools License page for more information.
For information on the previously-available O*NET Work Importance Profiler, see: Reports and Documents — Career Exploration Tools — Work Values.