O*NET® Ability Profiler™
The O*NET Ability Profiler (AP) is a career exploration tool that helps clients plan their work lives. The O*NET Ability Profiler uses a paper and pencil format with optional apparatus parts and computerized scoring. Individuals can use O*NET Ability Profiler results to:
- identify their strengths and areas for which they might want to receive more training and education
- identify occupations that fit their strengths
The O*NET Ability Profiler measures nine job-relevant abilities:
O*NET Ability Profiler Features
- The O*NET Ability Profiler must be administered by staff who provide instructions to individuals taking the assessment
- User Guide provided for workforce development professionals
- Flexible administration:
- It can be administered in individual or group settings
- It has both paper and pencil and optional apparatus sections
- Computerized scoring
- Results from the O*NET Ability Profiler:
- Are presented on computer-generated customized score reports
- Can be linked to the over 950 occupations in O*NET OnLine, My Next Move, My Next Move for Veterans, and Mi Próximo Paso
- Are easily interpreted
- Can be used on a stand-alone basis or with other O*NET Career Exploration Tools or with privately and/or publicly developed systems
- The O*NET Ability Profiler was developed:
- Following rigorous scientific procedures
- With help from customers and leading experts in the field of assessment research, to ensure that it is a valid, user-friendly, assessment tool for career exploration, career planning, and career counseling
The O*NET® Ability Profiler™ consists of several components:
- Instrument Materials
- Administration Materials
- Scoring Materials
- Training Materials
To administer the O*NET Ability Profiler, you will need both the O*NET Ability Profiler Instrument Materials and the O*NET Ability Profiler Administration Materials.
To score the O*NET Ability Profiler, you will need the O*NET Ability Profiler Scoring Materials.
To conduct training on how to administer the O*NET Ability Profiler, you will need the O*NET Ability Profiler Training Materials.
The O*NET Ability Profiler may be redistributed or used to develop other assessments under a choice of licenses. See the Career Exploration Tools License page for more information.