Production Database — O*NET® 21.0
The O*NET database contains a rich set of variables that describe work and worker characteristics, including skill requirements. Developers and other customers are encouraged to incorporate the O*NET database within their products, services, and research. This section contains an overview of the most recent database and a variety of database download options, as well as format-specific data dictionaries.
Highlights of the O*NET 21.0 Database
- Addition and update of Task Statement ratings (importance, relevance, and frequency) for 116 occupations
- Addition and update of Abilities, Skills, Work Activities, Knowledge, and Work Context data for 116 occupations
- Addition and update of Training and Work Experience and Education data for 116 occupations
- Addition and update of Work Styles data for 116 occupations
- Addition and update of Job Zones data for 116 occupations
- Addition and update of Detailed Work Activities (DWAs) and linkages for 56 occupations
- Addition and update of Alternate Titles and Sample of Reported Titles for 116 occupations
- 121 new technologies are added across 134 occupations, including the identification of 17 additional "hot technologies"
Release Cycle and Timetable
The O*NET database is being updated on a regularly scheduled basis (see Data Publication Schedule). These updates occur as a result of the Data Collection Program currently underway. Updated data for the seventeenth subset of occupations is now included with this 21.0 release.