Production Database — O*NET® 18.0
The O*NET database contains several hundred variables that represent descriptors of work and worker characteristics, including skill requirements. It is provided here to enable product developers to incorporate the O*NET database into their products. This section contains the database, the data dictionary, technical documentation, and other information to support such product development.
Highlights of the O*NET 18.0 Database
- Addition and update of Task Statement ratings (importance, relevance, and frequency) for 134 occupations
- Addition and update of Abilities, Skills, Work Activities, Knowledge, and Work Context data for 105 occupations
- Addition and update of Training and Work Experience and Education data for 105 occupations
- Addition and update of Work Styles data for 105 occupations
- Addition and update of Job Zones data for 105 occupations
- Addition and update of Interests data for 83 occupations
Release Cycle and Timetable
The O*NET database is being updated on a regularly scheduled basis (see Data Publication Schedule). These updates occur as a result of the Data Collection Program currently underway. Updated data for the fourteenth subset of occupations is now included with this 18.0 release. A fifteenth subset of occupations will be updated as a part of the next major database release, expected in July 2014.
Update Summary 5.0 - 18.0
|New or updated O*NET items||O*NET-SOC 2010 Total
(974 data-level occupations)
|Updated Task Statements, Interests, and Work Values data||974|
|Updated with Emerging Tasks||298|
|Addition of Detailed Work Activities||801|
|Addition of Tools and Technology||670|
The Emerging Tasks, Detailed Work Activities, and Tools and Technology files are distributed separately from the core O*NET database. You can download them from the Supplemental Files page.
For more details about each of the updates, refer to the database summary document provided below.
O*NET Database Update Summary (PDF - 451 KB)