O*NET® Interest ProfilerTM
The O*NET Interest Profiler (IP) is a self-assessment career exploration tool that can help clients discover the type of work activities and occupations that they would like and find exciting. Clients identify and learn about broad interest areas most relevant to themselves. They can use their interest results to explore the world of work.
- Compatible with Holland's R-I-A-S-E-C Interest Structure (Holland, 1985)
- rich and extensive research history
- widely accepted and used by counselors
- easy to use and well received by clients
- Interest items represent a broad variety of occupations and complexity levels
- Extensive and thorough development effort
- client input during all stages
- construct validity and reliability evidence
- Can be self-administered and self-interpreted
- User Guide provided for workforce development professionals
- Can be used on a stand-alone basis or with other O*NET Career Exploration Tools or with privately developed instruments
- Results can be directly linked to over 800 occupations in O*NET OnLine
- Approximately 30 minute completion time
For a preview that illustrates taking, scoring, and using the instrument, view the Interest Profiler Online Demo.