O*NET® Web Services
O*NET Web Services is an API developers can use to display O*NET information in their applications, and take advantage of tools such as the occupation keyword search featured in My Next Move and O*NET OnLine.
Developers can integrate O*NET tools into their own website or web-enabled application, including:
- Keyword Search — both the My Next Move search and the OnLine occupation search are available for use in your career site. Our REST web services API returns occupations matching a word, phrase, title, or full or partial O*NET-SOC code. The results include the code and title of each matching occupation.
- My Next Move Career Reports — concise, easy to read overviews for each occupation in My Next Move. Key knowledge, skills, and abilities are available for over 900 occupations. Our APIs also provide Bright Outlook and Green information, job outlook, and more.
- Summary and Details Occupation Reports — detailed information from O*NET OnLine for over 900 occupations. Your application can include an occupation's most important or all tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, tools and technology, and more.
- Military Search — the military transition search used in My Next Move for Veterans is also available through our web services API. The search returns relevant O*NET-SOC occupations based on full or partial codes and titles from the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard classification systems.
- Spanish Keyword Search — the Spanish-language keyword search used in Mi Próximo Paso is part of our web services API. Occupation titles are returned, in Spanish, matching a Spanish word or phrase. A wide range of features from Mi Próximo Paso are also available, including detailed career reports and Interest Profiler questions and scoring.
- Interest Profiler — include this useful career tool in your own site with our IFrame Widget. After adding a simple block of HTML code, users can take the O*NET Interest Profiler without leaving your career resources. For tighter integration, we also offer a REST web services API that provides scoring services and career results from the range of O*NET-SOC occupations. You can include this tool in English or Spanish. In addition, a "mini" version of the IP useful for mobile assessment settings is also available.
To get started, sign up at the O*NET Web Services site. The site also has comprehensive documentation and interactive demos to see the API in action.
Visit O*NET Web Services today!