Frequently Asked Questions
What features does O*NET OnLine offer?
O*NET OnLine has the following functions and features:
- Interactive web access to all the occupational information in the O*NET Database
- Web-based means new data, features, and functionality can be added without the user buying or downloading updates
- Printable reports for the occupation of interest
- Skills Search feature allows users to search for occupations that utilize selected skills
- Crosswalks from O*NET-SOC to other classification systems
- Accommodation features and information to assist in counseling people with disabilities in using O*NET OnLine
- Enhanced search capabilities and features based largely on suggestions from O*NET OnLine users
- Context-sensitive OnLine Help provides ready descriptions and explanations of site content and function
How do you calculate standard scores for the database variables?
As a teacher, how can I incorporate O*NET OnLine into my Career Planning course?